Anyone replace their TIPM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well after tracing wires and doing some research I have come to the conclusion my "Totally Integrated Power Module" (TIPM) is gone. Tomorrow I'm going to swing in the stealership to have it diagnosed and possibly have it replaced. Online the part retails for the $850 ballpark. For those of you that have had it replaced just a few questions, how much did it run you with labor included? Has anyone done the replacement themselves? Difficulty level?

Thanks

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
replaced on my 04 at the dealer, but mine was 860 installed

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
how sure are u of that, i have the reciept for 860, for a faulty tipm on a 2004 quad cab short bed, i hate to think i got ***** for 860 for nothing

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
TIPMs were introduced in 2006. I'm away from home, so no PC to do searching for backup info on this. 2004s do not have TIPM$, my brother in law has an 04 and his truck is a different beast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

kevinhann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I just swapped mine out at home. I have a 2012 slt 4.7l. Got one out of a 2012 2500 Laramie longhorn diesel. Plugged it in, started the truck. Ran fine the radio asked for a code but then it figured it out without me doing anything. I didn't have a problem with mine I was just curious. So to answer ur question. Get a used one and install it at home (all plugs are color coded and only fit one way). Then go to the dealership and pay for one hour labor $100 or so to get it programmed. If u don't program it u won't have abs nor traction control. Possibly other features will be lost until programming is performed but it will work.

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced my TIPM recently and received it already programed to my VIN from Dodge. Cost me 900 and it was straightforward to put in myself.

tcarle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2010 Journey that the fuel pump is not receiving power. I removed the fuse at the TIPM and no power coming from there either for my fuel pump. My code reader tells me that there is a open circuit. I removed the pump and jumper it to the batter and pump works. So, my plan is to jumper power from main power source to TIPM and the power going to the relay to get the damn thing running. Then wait for the law suit that is going on with about 6 different states for the same reason.