Audio Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 7 speaker infinity system in my ram. I'm thinking about swapping out the 6x9s in the doors with 6.5 components and placing the tweeters in the dash location (basically removing the stock 2.5" speakers). I would run the front stage off of an aftermarket amp and allow the rear speakers to continue to run off the stock amplifier. I would also add a single 12" run off a aftermarket amp. I would also disable the center channel speaker in the dash because I don't even know if it works, it hisses half the time. Let me know what your thoughts are on this layout. I have certain products in mind for the parts but I just wanted some input on the layout and how it may sound. Thanks.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the exact setup that I want to go with eventually. Properly matched components will whoop the 6x9 and 3.5 coaxials all day. One thing you might run into is the tweeters MAY be too far from the mid to sound just right, not sure though

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had other vehicles with the tweet coming off of the windshield and it wasnt bad at all. I recently came across the JL audio xd 500/3 which would allow me to use one amp to push the front components along with the single 12" w6 that I have. I feel that it will be the easiest way to keep the factory set up while greatly upgrading the sound.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sounds like a decent grade

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are some good suggestions on what people run in the Ram for quality components?
Looking at putting 6.5 in the door and tweeter in 2.5" dash location.
I have ran older boston aucoustics and MB Quart premium in the past. I have never ran JL audio components or alpone type R components. Im comfortable buying older quality components as well if can bring the cost down.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Kicker QS65.2 is what I plan to put in doors.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to take a listen to thost. My impression of kicker components have always been more harsh in the tweeters. Some of the reviews mentioned them being quieter than expected. Have you listened to them personally?

bhmman11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the JL components in my truck and i love the way they sound they are loud and really clean.... and if you could find a set the pioneer premerie is also a good component speaker

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll keep my eye out for those. I may look at picking up Mb quart reference or premium 6.5 components from some years back when they were still made in Germany.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am a FIRM believer in the Boston Acoustics products. I tried other "high-end" lines in my Trans Am running off a 100x2 RMS JL amp and they all blew up. They were run within the wattage specs of the speakers yet nothing could handle the power. I got some Boston Pro's and never looked back. The sound quality is amazing and the harder I push them, the better they sound. I will always buy Boston Acoustics in the future. Just my 2 cents. I haven't listened to the others listed, so I can't speak for them. But my experience with Boston's is flawless

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I'll have to take a listen to thost. My impression of kicker components have always been more harsh in the tweeters. Some of the reviews mentioned them being quieter than expected. Have you listened to them personally?

yes, love them. They have a larger 30mm tweeter, unlike most 22mm to 25mm...and harsh depends on of it has a titanium dome or silk, silk being much smoother.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regarding Boston Acoustics, because I ran a set before and liked how they sounded as well, is there an older model that you know of where I can possibly find it used for a better price than new? I'm not trying to speak $300+ on a set of components. Im ok with buying an older model set used that will still sound great for a better price.