Battery terminal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was curious when is it to much connections on the battery terminal? I'm going be installing my HIDs soon which I know I have to have hooked up to the battery, then I am looking at added and audio system which requires battery, then on top of it down road want to install a LED bar which requires battery as well. I really don't want it looking crappy so curious how people handle this?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was curious when is it to much connections on the battery terminal? I'm going be installing my HIDs soon which I know I have to have hooked up to the battery, then I am looking at added and audio system which requires battery, then on top of it down road want to install a LED bar which requires battery as well. I really don't want it looking crappy so curious how people handle this?

You can buy battery terminals that have individual ports for adding connections, for audio systems and lights and stuff. Kicker makes some and I'm sure other companies like stinger, Rockford, scosche, etc make them too. You'll have to remove your factory battery terminal, strip the wire back, install into the new terminal and then all the other open ports you can use for whatever. Looks a lot cleaner than wires bunched onto the factory terminal.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
More than 3 items + or - not a good idea due to it adding more possible corrosion @ the terminal not a good place for corrosion because this can shut down multiple systems , only upside to this is it makes troubleshooting much easier lol !
Justin above has some good info there . I personally would run a 12vdc power bus bar from your +batt terminal with as many connections as you need , you could even get one that has in line ( from the bus ) fuse or circuit breakers. You could mount it in the engine compartment somewhere or in a more protected area in the cab..

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Consider the amps all this stuff isngoing to draw from the electrical system as well. A secondary battery to run the Audio and accessories with a no drain switch on the main will also help make sure you don't get stranded at midnight on a dark secondary road from having drained the main battery...
A beefier alternator is also nott a bad idea to keep them batteries charged up.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk