Bluetooth issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amber531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I just bought a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 yesterday and I cannot figure how or even if the factory "UConnect" navigation/radio system can stream my music via Bluetooth. There is no "aux" port or aux mode on the faceplate. My only options are CD, Radio, and satellite. I'm able to connect my phone to the Bluetooth to talk but I can't figure out how to stream music. I attached a couple pictures because I can't even find a model number for this thing. All I know it is UConnect. I'm hoping I'm just missing something and don't have to purchase a whole new system. Thanks in advance for any insight!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 51

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't stream music with those radios. There is no aux or usb input either. Like you said, your only options are radio, cd, and satellite. I couldn't believe it when I first bought my truck, I tried for weeks to figure out how to bluetooth stream music too. But it doesn't do it. It's a big overpriced piece of junk. That's why my first mod was replacing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Amber531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That sucks! I would have went with the newer gen if I would have known that. time to start looking for a replacement I guess!

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the bad news is that replacing that radio is a little pricey, you will need a wiring harness, dash kit, antenna adapter, and if you want to keep them, a steering wheel control adapter. This all will run you probably around 200 dollars, since the wiring harness alone is over 100. And then you have the cost of the radio. It is relatively simple, just the wiring harness for 06 and up trucks is expensive.

The good news is, if you didn't have that radio stock, if you wanted to install a double din radio, you would have to buy a whole new center dash piece. Since you have the factory navigation radio, you won't have to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio