Can't activate Sirius on used Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crasht51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a used 08 Ram 1500. It has Sirius, but I have been unable to activate it. Couple of phone calls to Sirius have gone nowhere.

When I switch to Sat it shows channel 184, but I do not hear anything. Turning the volume knob does nothing - it doesn't even indicate the volume increase. The radio works fine otherwise (FM/AM).

I ordered the Family Friendly package. I wondering if perhaps this package is not compatible with the factory Ram Sirius radio? That it doesn't understand "blocking" certain channels?

I tired disconnecting the battery (for at least 8 hours) and reconnecting to "reset" the radio but my FM presets were all still there after 8 hours so it seems I can't reset via battery disconnect.

Any ideas?

Thanks - JP

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check ur antenna ... other than that Im clueless.. I have been having nuttin but problems with the ******* at xm radio with my radio I got.

OP
OP
C

crasht51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it working - partially. After much Googling I got the idea that it might be that the package I ordered (Family Friendly) might not be compatible with the satellite radio in my Ram (base factory system). So I went online and change to Sirius Everything and had the activation signal resent. Voila, I started receiving Sirius satellite radio.

Only thing is, I'm not receiving all of the channels. For example, I receive channels 40, 45, & 50 but not the ones in between. I'm going to try sending the activation signal again and see if that helps.

Ramit9990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are no channels between 40-45-50. Just those channels in the rap section. used to be a 43. But it was cancelled. They skip a lot of channels. And change a lot of the talk show channels to accommodate sporting events.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crasht51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, hadn't even considered that they would skip channels. If I had looked at a Sirius channel lineup I would have seen that...