CD Player help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammorris210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few weeks ago, I inserted a self-made CD into the player and enjoyed it :emotions33:for a week. However, when I try to change to CD (mode) it displays 'ERROR'. I then press EJECT CD as the player spins and attempts to eject the cd VERY MANY MANY MANY :thumbsdown:times to no success. Not sure if CD is stuck, or something wrong with motor within the player. Any help is welcome.. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

sammorris210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NEW PROBLEM:
CD player ran eject motor (bzzzzz) trying to eject a stuck CD ALL DAY and drained my battery. opened my door to hear cd player running and no lights, no ignition. pulled the fuse to radio unit, and am charging the battery. Anyone know how I can easily manually eject the CD -OR- disconnect JUST the CD player and still have casette and radio players?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Which D player do you have?? You might have to completely remove the player than disassemble it if you cannot find a manual eject hole.

OP
OP
S

sammorris210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulled fuse for Radio and reset the unit. put fuse back in, HELD EJC CD button down while truck was off, then turned key to ignition. CD is out and radio is working. Thanks

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Might be time to replace your head unit. I had to do that recently also. Put one of these in my truck: Kenwood - KDC-X497
Extremely happy with it. Just make sure to get the correct interface kits.