cd player upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im looking to do some work on my audio system really soon. but before all that, i wanted to ask: How easy is it to unistall stock and install an aftermarket cd player such as a Sony Xplod series player. is there a DIY on this somewhere on this forum? thanks guys

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Deck preference aside, it's not hard at all. I can literally have my deck out in less than a minute with out tearing anything. There are videos on YouTube for the bezel removal but it is painfully slow and boring.

Tools

Phillis screwdriver or 7 mm socket
Wire cutters/crimpers
Butt connectors
Beer or red bull

So quick check the little hook thing on the passenger side towards the bottom, there may be a screw there. Remove it using either a Phillips screw driver or 7 mm socket. Then grab that bottom corner and pull straight out firmly. You will hear and feel the retainer clips popping out, just work your way around until it is all free. Then remove all the plugs from the hvac, lighters, etc and set the bezel aside. Then remove the hu using the Phillips or 7mm socket to Ntake out the 4 screws and pull it straight out. Then unplug the factory harness, and antenna

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
To install you will need a harness adapter, install ki(bezel adapter), and a antenna adapter. Some online places like cruthfield will send these free with most purchases but walmart and best buy also carry them. I wire the stero harness to the adapter harness inside on the couch. It is very straight forward color matching and I use butt connectors for a cleaner install. Then slide the the bezel adapter over the HU, right side up it matters on some kits, and secure it to the hu using the tabs on the metal sleeve making sure it is tight. Then take it to your truck and plug in the wire harness and antenna adapter and slide the HU into place and fasten the screws. Then plug in all of the wires on the main bezel, you don't want to go with out ac, and I start on the left side, align the tabs and press them into place working back a crossed the bezel. Reinsert hook screw and done. Oh install trim ring on hu if you haven't done that yet

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
No problem bud, time it took I could have just installed it for you lol.

If you have any concerns or question shoot me a pm and we'll get it sorted