Cruise Control Ain't Cruisin' !?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Mine stop working after the ABS wheel speed sensor went bad. The cruise light would come on intermittently and the ABS light never came on.

Did you have any codes for abs that suggested which speed sensor was bad? Did you just replace a sensor or the whole hub assembly? My cruise is intermittent. Never had an issue until I did my 03 to 05 pcm swap. Now I'm trying everything to get it to work

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So mine has been working for a week now...and ya know what fixed it? the takata airbag recall being repaired.....? It was dead for 3 years...airbag recall, and boom....works great. I can only assume when they had the steering wheel apart they re-hooked up the buttons/switches and one must have been loose.

That would lead me to assume a loose connection on the steering wheel or clockspring.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine stop working after the ABS wheel speed sensor went bad. The cruise light would come on intermittently and the ABS light never came on.

Ya know what! I think you are on to something there! I thought it was my steering wheel being re assembled, BUT...at the same time it was being painted/repaired after the accident...they put an abs sensor in the front also. I had no codes or lights, but I remember it being frayed the last time I did brakes. I bet that's what actually fixed it.

snrance

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 1500 Big Horn
Engine
It did not have any codes for the ABS. I found the ABS sensor wire had a cut in it when I changed the front brakes. Mine only has one wheel speed sensor on the front drivers side.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It did not have any codes for the ABS. I found the ABS sensor wire had a cut in it when I changed the front brakes. Mine only has one wheel speed sensor on the front drivers side.

I'm guessing thats what fixed mine too as noted above. glad you found it, and hopefully this thread helps others.