Dash Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Wanting to put dash speakers in my 04 Ram. Does the dash piece come off to access the ares for dash speakers? On my old Challenger the piece was held on by clips. I'm guessing it's the same with my truck? Figured I would ask before I go out there and start prying on my dash

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wanting to put dash speakers in my 04 Ram. Does the dash piece come off to access the ares for dash speakers? On my old Challenger the piece was held on by clips. I'm guessing it's the same with my truck? Figured I would ask before I go out there and start prying on my dash

I have an 03, yes it's clips, but expect the dash to crumble/break up when you start pulling on it. The plastic is an inferior ****** blend- on going problem if you haven't already heard.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
No, I hadn't heard that. After 11 years of being in the sun, I imagine it will be fairly brittle. I guess maybe I really don't need dash speakers. They were just the crappy paper ones I took out of the Challenger anyway. I s'pose if I do it, I should wait until I have decent speakers and a new dash piece lol

Thanks for the reply

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dodge tried to blame us the consumer and said it was due to not keeping the plastic conditioned, but the truth is they used improperly formulated plastic and there's a lot of pissed off Rammers out there. Google ram and dash cover and you'll see what I'm talking about.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just use a panel popper and pop each clip location and you should be ok. And if it does break I'm sure that dash panel can be found on rockauto or something for relatively cheap.

KPietriyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had the one in my 05 out several times, no problems with the clips or the panel, goes right back in every time. I wanted to put a speaker for my 2-way radio in the dash, so the sound from that would be more directed towards my ears instead of into the carpet.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine on my 08 has been out plenty of times too, but his being an 04 and not knowing how much direct sun has been on it, you do have to be a little careful with the older plastic pieces.