Dead Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beefy Norm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 2005 I had a Pursuit 9776 alarm installed with remote start, perimeter sensor, etc. In 2007 I had to have the perimeter sensor turned off because it was way to sensitive, even when turned all the way down. in 2009 the fobs stopped working even after replacing the batteries, mysteriously started working again, and since then stops working on its own, and starts working great/as usual. Last week the remote start cranked the engine for about 2 seconds and then looked like it assumed that the truck was running, then......totally dead: no blue light, no unlock, nothing. CarMax and Audiovox have a warranty: both warranties have proved to only be good toilet paper. Does anyone have any idea why an alarm would just suddenly stop working all together? Fuses have been replaced (3 each?). Where is the alarm brain anyway?

OP
OP
B

Beefy Norm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Me again

Shade tree mechanics with stupid notions need not respond.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are so many things that can cause issues with a remote start that it's hard to diagnose over the Internet. Mainly install issues account for 95% of the problems. Who did the install? Most good shops will have a lifetime warranty on their installs and should take care of it if there is an install issue. Which it sounds to me like someone did a crap install job with all the problems you've been having with it.

As far as where the brain is, that is completely up to who installed it. It's usually in the area of the ignition harness/steering column or around the kick panel area. You'll just have to get under there and look. Do you know where they installed the valet/programming button? That is another option as it's possible the alarm was bypassed with the programming button. There also may be a toggle switch installed somewhere that will shut off power to the unit.

Last edited: