Door ajar and interior lights won't go off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trooper1954

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HI Guys, brand new here with my first question.
I have an 08 Ram 1500 quad cab in which suddenly the "door" open light stays illuminated and also the interior lights stay on. Checked all doors...secure. Checked rolling switch for interior lights....working properly. Sprayed WD40 on all door locks and open/closed door several times...no joy. My question is if this is a door lock assembly problem, how do I determine which door is at fault so I can replace it? The door light comes on as soon as the ignition is on, so I don't see how to troubleshoot which door?
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thank you

08'elbeasto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Door ajar/interior light on

Trooper1954,

I have a 08' Ram 1500 5.7hemi, I am having the same problem. I do believe the sensors are integrated into the door lock assembly, I pulled off the panel on my drivers side and found no other sensors or door pins, im thinking to find out which door it is, cause I have 4, pull the door panels, check the wiring and plugs going into the door lock assembly for loose connection, check the wiring going from the door into the cab for broken wires, if no problem found, you'll have to bypass the door sensor plug to mimic the door being closed, have not done that yet, once all the sensors are bypassed, and the computer thinks the doors are closed remove a bypass from one plug, plug it in the door lock assembly, close the door, if the warning light or interior light goes off, then that is your problem, if it doesn't then, repeat all doors until the fault appears, im new at this too, but I've been in the mechanics field for 20+ years, mainly heavy equipment, diesel and copper producing plant maintenence. I hope this idea helps, and if anyone reads this or has another solution, or knows exactly what the problem is, please give your input it is welcomed and very appreciated!! Good luck!