Doors won't unlock with key!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmac0601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 05 1500 quad cab and when I use a key to lock the doors all but the back drivers side doors lock but none of them unlock when I turn the key. Also the keyless remote doesn't work at all. I'm not sure if they need battery for remote, I will replace and check them tomorrow. Any suggestions appreciated.

ETR174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take the panel off your rear doors and at the wiring to make sure the lock is working. If not then maybe the radios between the remote start and the stock key are switched. Or maybe the remotes need batteries.

Sent from My LG-LS970

brantner22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
When you open your door you will have a rubber housing between the door and the body of the truck. If you peel the rubber housing off it'll expose the wire. They are notorious for breaking. I can bet it's either broken wires or maybe your door lock actuator is bad. I would pull the door panel off the door not working and test the wires in the plug to see if your getting a signal before I peel back the rubber boot holding the wires in the door. It is a PAIN getting it back on. I'm going through the same thing with me 2003. However none of my doors lock or unlock now and they used to when I bought it. I've checked all the wires and all are ok..for now. I'm getting power through all wires..soo..that leads me to the actuators. Good Luck!!