double din navi. help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparSTU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I found a factory double din navigation unit from a 2008 Town and Country van for cheap and I was wondering would it plug and play into my 2006 Ram? I know I need to modify the factory bezel to fit it. But would I need additional wiring or antenna adapter?

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the radio you have is a high speed bus. It won't work in your '06. You need a low speed bus radio and an adapter. The only company I know that has an adapter is coastaletech. I have an RER low speed nav unit in my '08 with the coastaletech lockpick adapter. My truck came with a nav bezel so all I needed was a filler panel which I found on ebay. Check out this link Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System radios. They have a list of the canbus speed based on radio part number. Also look at the coastaletech site for more info. If you don't want to modify your current bezel, there is a member on here (weedahoe) that customizes and sells bezels. He may even purchase your current bezel.

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And you would need an antenna adapter. Do you have Sirius?

Queency

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
To see whether it fits your car, you can tell by the dashboard easily. If you are not sure, ask the customer service for help.
To see whether it is plug and play, you can search the installation blog, video for this car model and year, and the wiring diagram for the unit you are interested in.
Another method is to ask the dealer directly. You'd better buy a unit under warranty.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963