Ebay "plug and play" factory remote start for $99?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just read some reviews because I'm interested in a cheap remote starter myself. Apparently you need to buy a cable to program it yourself and it may not come with it, but it is an accessory on their website. Once programmed everyone seemed to agree it works. One guy recommended buying their fob because the factory fob range is under 150 ft.

I might buy one. I'd be curious in a follow up if you do it.

OP
OP
drod327

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Let me know if you buy one. I wonder how much that extra cable cost? i was originally thinking about just buying a viper system but they are crazy pricey

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
XpressKit used to make a unit for the newer chryslers that was a 3 wire connection. Power, ground, and data wires. Gave you remote start with your factory remote. I installed a few of them and it literally took all of 15 minutes and cost less than 50 dollars. Unfortunately, they stopped selling them because they were not profitable enough. Basically they made it TOO easy and cheap and then they got greedy. They also made a unit that would let you use an aftermarket viper remote that would give you up to a mile range on your factory system.

I don't know anything about the one in the link though but I'm guessing it is similar.

Last edited:

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing I'm worried about in my case is the factory grey sentry key. Need to do my research before I'm ready to buy.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The thing I'm worried about in my case is the factory grey sentry key. Need to do my research before I'm ready to buy.

Do you have keyless entry? Or just the plain old keys? This will only work if you have factory keyless entry. As far as the chip in the key, the module will learn the chip and use it in place of the key during a remote start.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that one in my 2010 challenger and it worked great, even bought it from the guys at j's alarm. They are on one of the challenger forums.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I bought one about 3 years ago off of ebay that was plug and play into the ignition switch. Only took me 15 min to put it in and it works by pressing the lock button 3 times. I've had it ever since and it has worked great. I love it.

OP
OP
drod327

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought one about 3 years ago off of ebay that was plug and play into the ignition switch. Only took me 15 min to put it in and it works by pressing the lock button 3 times. I've had it ever since and it has worked great. I love it.

was it from j's?? How was the range?

OP
OP
drod327

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had that one in my 2010 challenger and it worked great, even bought it from the guys at j's alarm. They are on one of the challenger forums.

how was the range? Im debating because I hear the factory range is pretty bad

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how was the range? Im debating because I hear the factory range is pretty bad

About the same as the OEM as far as range wise... I have the Dball2 remote start in my truck and it's about the same but you can add a range extender antenna to it. I think you can get the extender for the flashlogic also, check with j's alarms about it.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have keyless entry? Or just the plain old keys? This will only work if you have factory keyless entry. As far as the chip in the key, the module will learn the chip and use it in place of the key during a remote start.

I have factory keyless. I thought they all did in the 3rd gens. Even my old '02 work truck special with the vinyl floors had a clicker.

Do you know for certain that this particular kit learns the sentry key? I'd pull the trigger right now if you've experienced it working with the sentry key.