Factory Infinity Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shinglelayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Bought an 02 RC with the infinity stereo and the door speakers dont work. Took apart door panel and hooked up a Kenwood 6x9 and all i got was low volume static regardless of how high the volume was. I am assuming the infinity amp is the problem. My question is, can I just run new wires from back of stereo to the door speakers? That way when and if I upgrade, the new wires will already be hooked up and the factory amp will be bypassed. Am I thinking along the right line with this or is there something else I am not aware of?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Yup. That's how I would do it.

Also what you going to do with the stock speakers ? Pm me I have a guy that might want them.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yup, running new wires will work, you will just have to figure out which wires on the harness to tap into.

change that.............you would be bypassing the amp in doing that and then you won't have much power at all.

OP
OP
shinglelayer

shinglelayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Thanks for the input. I scrapped that plan and am going to install a used Kenwood unit with the Kenwood 6x9's in the doors and a 10" Kenwood truckbox behind the seat and a 4 channel Kenwood amp. Front channels hooked up to 6x9's and rear channels bridged mono to sub. Should work out decent. I have had it like that in an older Ram and it sounded decent.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Truthfully that wil sound better than the infinity system

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I have the Infinity in mine too and it sounded good and all, but now it sounds killer with a real amp and a sub also. Are you goin to put a sub box behind the seats?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I agree thats gonna be a better option upgrading the amp