Finished fiberglass box today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, it seems like nobody really lives around me and the ones who do aren't in the scene any more! What are you wanting glassed? Is it shippable?

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I want a center console, and I wanna do the subs under the seats, but I'd love it to be fiber glassed also. Next winter I might try to find a shop to glass in some speakers in the doors. I'd also like to glass my entire dash, but I hear it's a PITA to get it out.

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glassing isn't that bad. Basically, make a skeleton of what you are wanting, wrap it in fleece, resin coat it then reinforce it with matting and resin. If its something like a dash, reinforce the fleece from the inside to minimize the amount of finish sanding you'll have to do because the resin coated fleece dries fairly smooth.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glassing isn't that bad. Basically, make a skeleton of what you are wanting, wrap it in fleece, resin coat it then reinforce it with matting and resin. If its something like a dash, reinforce the fleece from the inside to minimize the amount of finish sanding you'll have to do because the resin coated fleece dries fairly smooth.

This is why I get stuck paying to get stuff like this done. I don't have the time, the tools, or the space. Maybe one day.

srt2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
viper v-10

how much would you charge for a box like your making for your truck???

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you use the factory carpet and just cut it out after it dried? Kinda looks like it but don't know a lot about glassing so I could be wrong

OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, I explained it all in my initial post. I cut the carpet before I started the box and went from there. It would be very hard to cut the carpet after glassing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NOTW

NOTW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how much would you charge for a box like your making for your truck???

I have a lot of time and materials in this box. I have 2 gallons of fiberglass, 3 packs of matting, two tubes of construction adhesive, and a half sheet of MDF. Materials alone are around $125 so if I were making them and selling them I'd charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-$250. However, I don't plan to make any more because of how time consuming it was.

The system is completely done. I'll snap some pics and take a video of it today and post it up later. It sounds really good!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks awesome. And your neighbors car is sweet.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Good work buddy

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Jason, you got skills! Great work!