Finishing some cosmetics - Audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, finally finishing up some little things for the stereo system. Have an AV switch box that my son made that fits behind the dash and he custom made a front switch panel that fits into the small area above that "bag holder" So far I am pretty impressed with what he did, he cut out and mounted jacks for the AV part, has 3 buttons to control the different monitors, along with a USB port. Then he painted the back with a transparent white then transparent green so the lights that he installed in the box show thru the dash and lights up real nice thru the letters that he cut into the cover.

AV Box mounts behind dash:

RamInterior8.jpg

AV Box front cover that he custom made:

AVSwitchPanel2.jpg

AVSwitchPanel1.jpg

What it looks like at night with the lights on:

AVSwitchPanel3.jpg

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
That is bad ass , your son has some talent

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
WOW, that is slick!

OP
OP
4X HEMI

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It controls the monitors in the headrest and also I can push a button and see what is on the other monitors on the dash head unit.

So if someone was playing the play station on the left monitor, I can push a button and see what is coming across that monitor on the dash unit, or if they would be watching a movie I can flip it to the front one to see what there watching, or flip something back to one of the monitors in the rear.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Nice set up bud.. You son has mad skills

1AJeremyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is definitely pretty cool. How long did that take him to make that? It doesn't even look custom at all. Looks definitely factory because of the lights

OP
OP
4X HEMI

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That is definitely pretty cool. How long did that take him to make that? It doesn't even look custom at all. Looks definitely factory because of the lights

It took him about 2 months in his spare time, he went out and bought all the things he needed to build all the circuit boards from scratch, then to mount everything, wire it then he took the piece that goes into that hole and made a mold so he would have one to drill out the holes, paint it and letter it.

I'm pretty impressed with it!

OP
OP
4X HEMI

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Damn, that is the ****! Hope your son has a high paying job doing that, because I don't know many people that could come up with something like that on their own!

He doesn't even do that stuff for a living but he has always been big into automotive sound systems.
He thought about getting another kind of job and I told him he should get into installs for cars/trucks. He said "if I got paid to do it, it wouldn't be fun anymore!" LOL

Well, maybe you could do installs privately, I'm sure there would be a lot of people out there to keep you busy for side jobs.