FM Aerial Active or Amplified

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ginja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the standard FM aerial in our trucks is active/amplified or passive?

I'm in the UK and have added a digital radio to my truck but the 'stick on' DAB aerial they provide gets a poor reception so I would like to add an adapter to my FM aerial input which would utilise the standard FM aerial but this add on needs a passive aerial to work - I don't really want to trace the cable all the way back to the aerial to see if there is a box between the radio and the aerial!

Thanks!

Mark

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the standard FM aerial in our trucks is active/amplified or passive?

I'm in the UK and have added a digital radio to my truck but the 'stick on' DAB aerial they provide gets a poor reception so I would like to add an adapter to my FM aerial input which would utilise the standard FM aerial but this add on needs a passive aerial to work - I don't really want to trace the cable all the way back to the aerial to see if there is a box between the radio and the aerial!

Thanks!

Mark

I am not sure if it is different based on which radio your truck came with. Mine is a "work truck" (manual windows, door locks, and stick) it does NOT have a box between the radio and the antenna, it is a standard non-powered antenna.

OP
OP
G

Ginja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I'll go with this and see what happens!