Front door speaker wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are you guys getting the wire into the front doors ? looks like such a pain in the ass..I cant even get my hand behind the ebrake to remove the molex plug.. If you guys have any pointers or links to threads that would be great.

I have a set of rockford 6.5 components i would love to add..Im taking my truck apart to sound deaden it next week so it would be a perfect time to get these installed..thanks guys

:flipthebird:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why do you need to run new wire? Is it shorted or broken? If you're doing it just because you're upgrading the speakers, don't waste your time. Speakers are AC power not DC, and ac circuits can carry a huge amount of power through a relatively small gauge wire. I'm running 100 watts rms each to all of my speakers through all the factory wiring.

And yes, it is a huge pain in the ass to try to run wire through the factory grommet into the doors.

OP
OP
R

Ram123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This component set is temporary. Not sure what route im going but down the road id like to fiberglass part of my door for multiple woofers / component sets / tweeters so the stock wiring alone wont work

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
don't waste your time running through the factory grommet just add a second grommet and loom for your wires if you don't want to use the factory speaker wire