fuel pump getting signal possible ASD relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91w2504x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I have a 2002 ram 1500 4.7 . i bought it not running, it wouldn't crank over and no dash lights.
i put power from battery to the yellow wire from ignition switch and it cranked over but no start.
then i put power to the IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (OFF-RUN-START) and the dash lights came on! so i jumped the yellow wire again and it started right up.
so i tried to put the blue IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT wire on a switch but i accidetly put power to another power wire for the key in ignition sensor and it shorted. when it shorted it touch the ground wire 1 pin down on the plug and melted the ground wire under the dash. i de-pinned the melted wires and replace with used wires from another truck. then i put power from battery to the blue wire again and it ran but it died on me after 10min.
now it cranks with the ignition switch(fixed its self?) and dash lights work(hot wired) but it wont start the fuel pump isnt running. i took cover off the fuel pump relay and manually closed the relay and it ran the fuel pump but still no start. i think it could be the asd relay has tripped. please help

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
ASD provides power to the injectors, coils and fuel pump. Cuts off after 1.8-2 seconds after the cranking (starter motor) ceases. Uses a trigger sense from the crank shaft sensor to PCM to determine if engine is running..

OP
OP

91w2504x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the reply is there a way to reset it?

OP
OP

91w2504x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the info! well i went and checked all the fuses and sure enough i blew the ecm fuse , so i put in a new one and she fired up again!

im still jumping power from the drl relay to power the dash lights/ IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN). so i have a ignition harness problem not getting the power.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
The harness themselves don't often go bad unless they have been modified in the past. Ignition switches and of course the IPM are usually the main suspects. You might want to inspect and clean the IPM. Look for mud and corrosion. They can sometimes be repaired by using jumpers.