General LED light bar questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I want to add a light bar to my truck. I'm looking at installing it in the lower valance where tow hooks are mounted on some trucks. Questions:

1 - Curved or Straight? The idea of the curved one is pretty good but I want to know what everyone else has done and how it's turned out.

2 - Length? What lengths has everyone used?

3 - Heat? Do they generate much heat at all?

As always folks, pictures are much appreciated...

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I did the same thing as him ^^

Never had a heat issue, just make sure it's wired up correctly with a relay and fuses.

OP
OP
chedched

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any other input? Really looking to order one soon.

OP
OP
chedched

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
He shows two albums, 1 for his 11 and 1 for his 14. His 14 has one mounted at the bottom of the front bumper. I'm looking to mount it where the tow hooks would go.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
He shows two albums, 1 for his 11 and 1 for his 14. His 14 has one mounted at the bottom of the front bumper. I'm looking to mount it where the tow hooks would go.

Oh, well you said valance which is in that area. Do you have tow hooks from the factory? My tow are different from the HD tow hooks as mine are more centered and the HD's are to the outside, I suspect you have the SLT bumper chrome/painted. With HD style hooks to the outside you should be able to get a 30" in there no problem.

02-08-Ram-1500-20in-LED-Brackets-cropped-700x529.jpg

CJC-30BK-3.jpg

OP
OP
chedched

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've got no hooks so that frees up the entire insert in the bumper. You are correct, I have the SLT chrome/painted bumper assembly.

I like the idea of mounting it below the bumper except when offroading. I want it protected as much as possible.