Head unit wire harness question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikedip7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'll admit. I'm brand new to the dodge world. I'm currently swapping over my stereo from my wrangler. I'm the back of the stock stereo, there's two pig tails. One small, one larger.

My harness from crutchfield has a connector for the larger, but not the smaller. What does the smaller unit connect too?

Also, my harness has two small white single row pigtails. One is labeled AUX output and another CAN interface. My truck doesn't have steering wheel stereo controls or any special features. Are these necessary?

OP
OP
M

Mikedip7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay so it appears the AUX pigtail is just for steering wheel controls. The CAN is for factory amp.

However, I'm still confused with this small pigtail on the truck side. It's a green, green/yellow, green/red

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be anything from gps to satellite antennas. When you replace the radio pretty much all of those harnesses except the main one carrying power, audio, and data signals will be unused.