Headlight install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys!

I'm about to get back stateside and it's time to start upgrading the truck. One of the things I wanted to do was install some halo projection headlights. I put a pic up of the ones I'm looking at. My question is, do they need to be HID bulbs? And if so, what else do I need to get these lights to be properly installed? Thanks!

50ab0a4ae49aa70311cd9a70bc82401e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
They don't have to be hid's, the ones in pic are still halogen like stock lights, those have plug n play regular halogen highs and pp halogen projector low's with led accents. Hid's are brighter but not necessary to install. What's there is all you need to install, well except the markers but no extra parts are needed to install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I wanted to do HID's, I just need a kit with the ballast and wires right?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you would need an H1 HID kit. I am not sure if your year truck has CANBUS. If you do be careful on what kit you use as not all will play nice with CANBUS. If your interested we sell morimoto kits from The Retrofit Source which are great proven kits!

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you would need an H1 HID kit. I am not sure if your year truck has CANBUS. If you do be careful on what kit you use as not all will play nice with CANBUS. If your interested we sell morimoto kits from The Retrofit Source which are great proven kits!

Everyone on here's told me that I don't have canbus in this year. What would happen if it were canbus?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everyone on here's told me that I don't have canbus in this year. What would happen if it were canbus?

Ok great then that makes things easy.

You would get bulb out warnings and flicker but since you don't have it you don't need to worry about that.

What ever you choose make sure to get a quality one so it's reliable

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok great then that makes things easy.

You would get bulb out warnings and flicker but since you don't have it you don't need to worry about that.

What ever you choose make sure to get a quality one so it's reliable

Well, being new to the HID game, what should i look for? What's some reliable brands

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What year truck do you have?
How much is your budget? I had very similar lights when I first got my truck. They had absolutely terrible light output with the halogen bulbs. Almost flat out dangerous to be honest. Right ion the back of the light it said “do not use HID bulbs”. HID bulbs are normally longer so they may not fit, and they burn hotter so they may melt some of the light. Contact Demon hemi on here, he’s tested tons of different lights, he may be able to point out a good set to pick up with good light output. If you can cough up alittle extra money and you are good with your hands, a lot of people (including myself) have done full projector retrofits with morimoto projectors. You will be very happy with the light output. A kit costs around $300 plus a set of lights if your own headlights are faded or just worn out. Something to think about

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's good information to have! Thanks! I have an 05 Hemi myself. The guy I got the truck warmed me about some of the projector headlights not being very bright. He said something about CCFL led's. I'll look into morimoto right now!