Headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSUheminole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone! New to the forum and glad to be here! Im having an issue with my 2004 1500 5.7 headlights. The nuts and bolts of it are that the drivers side low beam stopped working about 2 weeks ago (high beam on drivers side and both on passenger side work fine). Assuming it was the bulb, i bought a replacment and installed it and much to my surprise it didnt work. After a bit of frustration, i tried the new bulb on the passenger side and it worked fine, so i grabbed the voltmeter and Google and started testing and researching. Standby voltage seemed fine (3.24 volts on each positive) and i used both a chassis ground and the plug ground to check it. When i turned on the lights (low beam) both plugs varied from 3.24v to 5ish volts. The research i did said that most likely that the PDC or FMC had corroded due to contatct with water. Any other ideas that may not cost me $400?!?!? Thanks for any help!!

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a weird one because the stock headlights use a single bulb with a little relay to suck them in for high beams. I'd guess its the wiring itself thats not making good contact, but I wouldn't know where.