Headlights won't turn off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor662

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey everyone!
I have a 2007 ram 1500 SLT Sport that I bought about a year ago. Within the last couple of months I have noticed my headlights will automatically turn on when I shift out of park. I don't have an "auto" setting on the headlight switch.
Now, I sat in front of my garage the other day and put the truck in gear to see what the lights are doing. So in gear with the light switch off, the lights point up higher than normal and fairly bright. I turn the light switch to just the marker light position and the headlights go off. Turn the switch to full on and the headlights come on to the normal height and brightness. I switched the bright lights on and they are brighter and higher than the other 2 situations. All this testing was done without the fog lights on.
Am I missing something obvious here? When I bought the truck, I don't remember the lights coming on without the switch.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have daytime running lights. That's completely normal.