HELP!!!! Anti theft ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollinThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok. So I just bought my truck a short while ago( 03 QC hemi).
Well I rode to work with a buddy today and didnt drive it. Apparently that pissed her off. I got home and went to get some things out of her and the key fob didnt work. Figured the battery was dead so I grabbed the back up fob... Same thing.
Unlocked the door( alarm goes off- viper alarm). It silences...
At this point none of my dome or interior lights are coming on so I figured something drained my battery. Hook up jumper cables and let it sit a minute. Well as I insert the key and turn it to "on" my odometer and radio come on( still no interior lights). As I turn it over to "start" the alarm goes off again.

This is when I noticed that the red "anti theft" light on the cluster is continuous.

Tried unhooking the battery and holding + and - together to reset but not working.

Anyone run into this before???

OP
OP
R

RollinThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the battery is definatly not dead... Lol quick touch of the cables and a "slight" tingle got my attention real quick....

It has to be something with this aftermarket system.
Xtreme XS-100, but it's running off the factory key fobs and not the ****** looking ones that go with that kit.