Help! Weird HID issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh.Larsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a ton of research before I purchased a HID kit online and finally decided to go with XenonHids.com and get the best they had. When I installed them they just flickered on low beam and had a lamp out. So I ordered a HI and Low Beam resistor kit (plug n play) and the flicker is gone and so is the lamp out. EXCEPT on High Beams! The Lamp out illuminates when I switch to high beam then when I switch back to low beam it flickers once (cuts out) and then turns back on and the lamp out is gone and runs normally. Also if I use my remote start or unlock the truck after waiting 5 minutes the lamp out illuminates and blinks till I turn the lights on. SUPER ANNOYING. Both Hi and Low resistors on both sides are 50w 6ohm. I know its not the HID because it does it with just the resistors plugged in and not when the halogens are plugged in. what ohms does the high beam need to be to trick the computer and are there any other ways? Any help would be great!