Hi/low converter wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm new to the forum, and haven't found this in any searches, maybe someone can help out. I'm getting ready to install a pair of 10 inch subs in my 2007 Quad Cab, with 7-speaker Infiniti and stock head, and am wondering if there is anywhere I can tap into the rear door speaker lines without taking apart two doors. I'm thinking about where the wires leave the factory amp, and I was wondering if anyone knew 1) if this is possible and 2) the wire colors if it is. Any ideas?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
you want to tap into the front doors, the back is already filtered - no bass. In the kick panel on the pass side - thats where you can access the wires. As for color........man, i don't know that one.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
LF Speaker +: Dark Green/Yellow
LF Speaker -: Dark Green/Light Blue
RF Speaker +: Gray/yellow
RF Speaker -: Gray/Light Blue
LR Speaker +: Gray/Light Green
LR Speaker -: Gray/Dark Green
RR Speaker +: Dark Green/Light Green
RR Speaker -: Dark Green/Gray

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for your help guys, sounds like the perfect location so I can run the RCA down the right side, I found my firewall hole for power on the driver side, so that should work out just fine. Will I find the 12v for remote turn on in that same bundle of wires? I've seen something about not tapping into the CAN data bus but I'm not sure exactly what that is, is that going to be an issue for my turn on lead?

Last edited:

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If nobody has answered you by the time I get off work, I'll ask one of my buddies that's MECP certified and see what he says

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Found it

I just finished installing my system with my father in law. We were able to hook into the pink/yellow wire under the driver side bolster that is used for the 12volt outlet (cigar lighter), which was perfect because it is on it's own fuse. Tapped into the speakers without much trouble and the 2 10's sound great.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Now go get some pictures! We like pictures!

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pics

Here's the box; it's an Atrend sealed box from Best Buy.
1265-atrend-under-seat-box-02-08-quad-cab-2-kenwood-10s.jpg

The subs are a pair of Kenwoods, kfc w2512. They are wired in parallel at 2 ohms.
1266-sub-close-up.jpg

The amp is a Kenwood kac 8105d, pushing 500 watts rms at 2 ohms. I installed it under the driver's seat, and tucked all the wires into a convenient hole already cut in the carpet by the factory. It is connected to the factory stereo with a Scoche Hi/lo converter, and powered by an EFX 8 ga amp kit from Crutchfield.
1268-existing-hole-carpet-perfect-running-wires-amp-under-drivers-seat.jpg

It came out pretty nice, considering my constraints. It had to be very budget friendly (about $400 total spent) and I wanted it to be undercover and balanced with the stock Infiniti system. After setting levels and fine tuning the Hi/lo input levels, it sounds pretty good with no loss of bass at high volume. So far, I would recommend all of the components I am using.