I need help with a stereo problem please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amy_H

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2004 Dodge Ram Laramie with a stock Infinity system in it. We recently installed 2 6x9" Pioneer speakers into both of my front doors and it worked for the first 20 minutes but then completely stopped. The only sound I am getting is out of my front dash speakers. My question, did I blow my amp or speakers? I need help please :( Any good advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm @ [email protected]

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
are you running the stock HU ? If so no way in hell a stock HU can blow the aftermarket speakers IMO .

how did you connect the wires ?

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take the front door panels off and make sure the wires did not get cut or disconnected. The power window motor and the widow itself is very close to the speaker and wiring and they can easily pull at the wires if you do not tape them up and keep them out of the way.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those speakers are powered of the factory amp. I seriously doubt that you blew them. Possibly could have hooked them up wrong. Might check that and like glass said check the wires.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
it definitely sounds like something came disconnected.....even when a speaker is blown it still makes some kind of noise.