I'm stuck on double din install!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amenges

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:893Chainsaw-Smilie-I cant figure out a way to mount the receiver to the truck! As if that problem isn't big enough, apparently there is a massive gap when trying to use the OEM NAV bezel with an aftermarket double din head unit. Would a weedahoe bevel solve the ladder? How did you guys mount your head unit?

Old radio and where it obviously screws in to the truck...

20120626150329597.jpg

New radio...

20120626141138655.jpg

MASSIVE gap

20120626150423341.jpg
\

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like you need a dash kit

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
weedahoe would take your trim ring and fit the bezel to it so its all nice and snug. as far as I understand.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't a dash kit still be needed to bolt the unit in place?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Yes. I believe a dash kit is still needed, just not the trim rings. If you don't want to do a whole custom bezel you can use two trim rings and a dash kit to get it done. Usually can get the kit from any local car audio store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JtotheIzzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
you need this Metra 99-6510

In your original post you listed the double din install kit in your parts list so I am not sure what happened to it but that is what you are missing.

Last edited:

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
The bad thing about using a kit is it needs the piece to take up the 3/4" gap around the radio.

While this does solve the install to dash issue, the other problem is now you have a bid ugly ring around the unit. Some guys like this and dont mind, I prefer a custom install NOT to require a it and ring.

I can take the factory non-navi bezel and modify it to accommodate the double DIN and at the same time keep the lower pocket. What this means also though is that a custom install kit is needed since you are using a custom setup and not something off the shelf. I have brackets and anti theft packages as a kit to install and secure your equipment

Here are a few pics, the first is the navi bezel and double din with a install kit and no lower pocket. The next pic is a custom piece I did that will fit a double DIN perfectly, keeps the lower pocket and has the OPTION of using the trim ring that comes with the unit.

The last pic is a bezel I did and had painted PXR for a guy who sent the install pic back to me.

Dash1.jpg
2012-02-02_17-52-07_336_wm.jpg
IMG_0571_wm.jpg

06+ Custom double DIN for sale - YouTube

Last edited:

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This will be helpful for mine, thanks!

APBTMAXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
The bad thing about using a kit is it needs the piece to take up the 3/4" gap around the radio.

While this does solve the install to dash issue, the other problem is now you have a bid ugly ring around the unit. Some guys like this and dont mind, I prefer a custom install NOT to require a it and ring.

I can take the factory non-navi bezel and modify it to accommodate the double DIN and at the same time keep the lower pocket. What this means also though is that a custom install kit is needed since you are using a custom setup and not something off the shelf. I have brackets and anti theft packages as a kit to install and secure your equipment

Here are a few pics, the first is the navi bezel and double din with a install kit and no lower pocket. The next pic is a custom piece I did that will fit a double DIN perfectly, keeps the lower pocket and has the OPTION of using the trim ring that comes with the unit.

The last pic is a bezel I did and had painted PXR for a guy who sent the install pic back to me.

Dash1.jpg
2012-02-02_17-52-07_336_wm.jpg
IMG_0571_wm.jpg

06+ Custom double DIN for sale - YouTube
Hello Weedahoe, silver/woodgrain is available? price? material used is same of oem bezels? i hope an answer, thanx.-

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Weedahoe, silver/woodgrain is available? price? material used is same of oem bezels? i hope an answer, thanx.-

I applaud your use of the search function to find a 2 year old thread.
However, the member you are trying to contact has been banned from this forum.

I suggest you look at the watermark on the images...

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963