Indicator Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I signal left (and only left) I will get 3 'blinks' of normal fashion and then on the 4th blink the indicator starts to go fast as if I had a burnt bulb somewhere - which is not the case. All lights on the truck are fine and operating but this has just started to happen. After about 10 seconds sometimes it goes back to blinking normally. Scanned for codes and nothing - replaced my TIPM about 2 months ago because of electrical issues. Any thoughts guys?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check for a loose bulb, or bulb socket, also wiggle the wiring with the signal on to see if it changes. If you are using LED bulbs you may have a bad load resistor.

OP
OP
L

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not using LED bulbs but I found a new piece to the puzzle today. It is the front drivers side light with the issue. All 4 indicator bulbs are illuminated on the truck but only 3 of them flash when they are supposed to. So when I signal left only the rear light blinks (fast) while the front remains solid. Fuse issue?

OP
OP
L

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced the bulb and issues resolved.