Infinity question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 03 QCSB withOUT the infinity sound system. He person who owned it before me put in some cheap aftermarket 6x9's. It sounds pretty bad and is crackling. I do not need an expensive audio system, just want it to sound good. I have access to a wrecked 04 with the infinity system in it. Can I put the amp and door and dash speakers in my truck without a whole lot of trouble. Seems like it should just plug and play am I wrong?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That its a good question, I'm thinking it wouldn't be straight forward because your existing harnesses are not set up for it

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was afraid of that. Anyone know for sure. If I am going to get the parts, I have to do it tomorrow.

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone out there has to know if it will work.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bump for anyone that may know

OP
OP
cwakefld

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well. I got the infinity door speakers but even after forcibly dismantling the dash (truck was totaled and on its way to the junkyard) I still could not get the amp out. Which made me decide that I did not want to try to open my dash up to put it in the same place. So I will get the speakers in, see how they sound, and if I want an amp, I will get an aftermarket. I have the dash speakers but am a little afraid too look for the harness. The panel on the dash seems fairly easy to break.