IOD circuit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ststock23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Issue started a while back. Radio would go off and on, keyless entry wouldn't work. Replaced radio and is was fixed, for about a week. Then noticed the underhood light was loose. Replaced entire fixture, worked a couple of days now nothing again. I have checked the fuse, it's fine and have power to it. I've checked and rechecked grounds. Don't see any indication of bad wires. Read a post about the actuator self diagnostic test, tried that but can't get the test to run. All gauges work so I don't think it would be cluster. Any ideas?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
your underhood light should have nothing to do with your instrument cluster or your radio. A wise old mechanic once told me "always go back to the last thing you did". Check power at the plug for the underwood light first off. That will tell you which direction to go from there.

OP
OP
S

ststock23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Actually they are all tied to the iod circuit. Only get 1 volt at the underhood light.