"Lamp out" light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It came off about 2 days ago. apparently my right tailight is out. however all the bulbs are working. the only thing not working is when i brake, the light doesnt become brighter (like its supposed to be).
i just happened to have ordered some bew LEDs tailights. I thought it would go away when installing those today. it actually did, but only for like 5 minutes, and then it came back. everything is working fine. so im guessing the plug sensor or something like that, and maybe it thinks that my whole light is out.
im not sure.
any idea what it can be, and how can i fix this ?

OP
OP
Manutea

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will the dealer penalize me for putting aftermarket taillights, even tho they are not what caused the problem ?

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
whats the P/N for the circuit board. I've had this issue for months and it drives me bonkers!! Ding.....ding......ding......ding.....ding. It doesnt shut up.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can snag a Dorman one from Advance for $14.99 each..Part #923-030...if you order and pay online and pick up in the store you can use coupon code MA20 and get 20% off...making a set of them $23.98 before tax.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Yeh I cannot Run LED Tails as it does it as soon as the brakes are applied so I had to sell them. OEM's work perfect. I thought I had an extra set in the shed just took a look and can't find, was gonna offer them up for shipping! Sorry. The dealer parts Guy should be familiar enough to pull up the number or even better check rockauto they might have them.

Edit: There ya go Smoked beat me to it again with a better answer....LOL.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If your running LED tails now I'm not sure that the circuit board is the entire problem there since you do t use it with the LEDs

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if there's a difference or not, but my '04 1500 5.7L has every bulb replaced with LED's. Headlight/signal combo, taillight/signal/reverse combo, license plate, third brake light/cargo combo. I had a problem from second 1. Replaced the circuit board and all was well.

Hope this helps.

-John

OP
OP
Manutea

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still have warranty?

No my warranty has expired.
And today, the problem switched to the left tailight, and back to right one, and back to the left etc... turned on, turned off, turned on ...
kinda driving me crazy

OP
OP
Manutea

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still have warranty?

I'm not sure if there's a difference or not, but my '04 1500 5.7L has every bulb replaced with LED's. Headlight/signal combo, taillight/signal/reverse combo, license plate, third brake light/cargo combo. I had a problem from second 1. Replaced the circuit board and all was well.

Hope this helps.

-John

How much did it cost you? is it something you can do yourself ?
How did you find the part # ?
Thinking about trying that

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You have to run resistors in 4th Gen if you put in LED lights otherwise the load is less and it thinks the bulb is out. I am not sure of all the details or the exact verbiage but that is now possibly your problem before it was just one filament out on the bulb which you can replace for a few dollars. I have replaced once on my '09 I did them as a pair because that is always best in lighting.

In 3rd gen no idea maybe it is the board.

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed resistors for the front bulbs, but didn't need them for the rear. The taillights I got as a complete assembly. The circuit board for mine is built into the back of the housing. I contacted Spyder and had them send me a new set of boards, then I just used a solder iron to swap them out.

OP
OP
Manutea

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay Im lost now lol
Any other 3rd Gen guy have had the same issue ?
Do we also also need resistors ? or should i swap the mothercard ?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What kind?

They should be just plug and play so it may be a PCM problem

OP
OP
Manutea

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are plug n play, didnt have problem with installing.
Just having issues with the alarm going off afterward

427invader

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you did the same thing I did. A Full light and housing swap. I didn't have a problem with the alarm going off though. I had the problem with the boards not letting the brake lights brighten when I put the brakes on. So I got new boards from the manufacturer.

This doesn't mean you don't have a PCM problem though.