LED question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry if it has been covered before, a search didn't turn up anything definitive.

I bought some really cool turn signals a while ago to go with my all clear headlight assy. The running lights are white and turn amber during turn signal.

WELL after hyperflash I was going to put in an electronic flasher... an auto parts store was more than happy to sell me one but I don't think the truck has one. At least no diagram I can pull up on alldata shows one and I can't seem to find anything on the net that points the right direction.

It also gives me a message that there is a light out.

Here is the problem. I hate resistors. It defeats the entire purpose of using LED's in the first place in my not so humble opinion. Like choking niagra falls off to the point where you can fill a glass of water without it spilling over. Or adding a turbo and using the brakes at the same time so it feels like the original horsepower.

Is there any way to reprogram something or fool it otherwise without resorting to resistors?

m4mckeen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any one have any input I'm interested too

barimpact3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7 Flex Fuel
I have the exact same turn signals in my truck, and I just went ahead and installed a resistor on the turn signal. While the running lights are on, it'll use barely any power, since they're LED, it only uses factory power when the amber light is flashing. It's a cheap and easy way to make it work and it's the only way I've heard of making LEDs work on these trucks. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk