LED Turn Signal Issues...Not Hyperflashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HungryHungryHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Whats up guys!
Quick question... I bought bright white LED bulbs to replace the turn signal bulbs for the front. When all of the exterior lights are off, the LEDs blink normally as they should. When any other lights are turned on (parking, fog, headlights) they hyperflash. Because the passenger side was easiest to work with, I was able to install a resistor kit on the turn signal wire and it completely eliminated the hyperflashing. Later that day, I turned on the lights as it was dark out, and the passenger side parking light(LED) went out completely, however it still works when I use the turn signal and it flashes at a normal pace.
My question is... What the heck happened?! The passenger side blinker now works properly, but unless the blinker is on, the bulb is completely inactive...

Thanks guys... go easy on me im a newbie to the forum still and a newbie to my Ram.
My truck btw is an '03 Ram Sport Quad Cab Short Bed.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
what wires did you tap for the resistor?

OP
OP
H

HungryHungryHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't remember which colors the wires were, but I looked up which wires were neg, turn sig, and parking and i tapped the turn signal and neg wires. Right after I finished installing the resistor, it worked flawlessly. The parking light worked fine, and with the parking light on the blinker worked normally as well. Later that day after it had gotten dark out, i went out to the truck to leave, flipped on the parking lights and it flashed and went out, but the blinker still worked fine. I unplugged the t-tap on the resistor and the parking light works again, but of course, the led hyperflashes again.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Sounds like you tapped the positive for the parking and the turn signals.