LED Work lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought some 18w LED work lights to maybe install in the black plastic dam below the bumper. Does anyone know of problems hooking those up to the wiring harness of the fog lights on my 2004?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Unsure that far back in years. On my '13 I needed to have the Likely will need to have the OEM fog light circuit trigger a relay or the LED's flickered.

OP
OP
A

Abt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't want to burn them out so maybe I do need a relay.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
If you have fog lights already then you can just tap into the fog light wires but ground the leds to the truck frame. If you dont then yes, you will need a relay and a switch. The fog lights factory installed on a truck will have a fuse in the fuse box so if the load is too much it will blow the fuse. If it doesnt blow the fuse I wouldnt worry about it. The leds shouldnt pull too much power.

Also, this should be in the exterior section...mod help?

OP
OP
A

Abt66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have fog lights already then you can just tap into the fog light wires but ground the leds to the truck frame. If you dont then yes, you will need a relay and a switch. The fog lights factory installed on a truck will have a fuse in the fuse box so if the load is too much it will blow the fuse. If it doesnt blow the fuse I wouldnt worry about it. The leds shouldnt pull too much power.

Also, this should be in the exterior section...mod help?
Thanks, I was worried there would be too much load on the LEDs.