Lets see your double dins'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm debating on going double din as I have a Avic-Z2 kicking around with some hertz speakers leftover from my old g5... so looking to put into the 08 ram 1500 sport of mine...

anyone have pics of their install? I'm waiting to hear back from my sister's dealer about picking up the cf navigation trim to replace the cf din and half in the dash currently so that i can get my deck in there...

but anywho.. lets see some pics/see your double din systems... i'm not 100% convinced that i'm going to be doing this yet... (better yet if anyone has their CF navi trim FS, let me know!!!)

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
you can find the trim on e-bay for 100 bucks or so . some are cheaper .

mine is not DD but it is a 7" screen

6-radio-007.jpg

7-radio-008.jpg

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Luckily you are in mission BC so it stays pretty warm even during the winter otherwise I would recommend not getting a flip up unit as mine is a bear in the cold making the worst noises/not functioning. Keep in mind though if you do go somehwere much colder these units are not the most cold climate friendly but my friends have all had great luck with quality 2 DIN units and cold climate. This is most certainly the case of you get what you pay for so do not try to go cheap when looking for a good unit.

OP
OP
R

Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was just out in Edmonton recently.. in fact I picked my truck up in Bonnyville lol... I can see why it gets so cold out there... there's no sheltering at all in the prairies.. must suck there for winter time.

Yeah, I've got a decent unit... I traded the supercharger setup off my car for an AVIC-Z2 plus cash... AVIC-Z2 on pioneer website retails for $2200 (I've seen used in person, its awesome)... used you can usually still get them for $800-1200 range... I also have a full carputer setup from my old car (7" lilly put, hp netbook, relay board, pre-amp and all the wires needed to get it going) but I find that carputer is too much hacking up of everything... not worth it... FYI if anyone wants to buy my old carputer setup, $600 and its yours, comes with a new netbook lol.

I'm still throwing around the idea of installing the Z2 or not because I'm happy with my truck the way it is, I just happen to have it laying around.

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the avic n-3 and love it, not double din but still rocks!

Attachments

• navidvd 001.jpg
    navidvd 001.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 80
  • navidvd 005.jpg
    navidvd 005.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 78

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
I was just out in Edmonton recently.. in fact I picked my truck up in Bonnyville lol... I can see why it gets so cold out there... there's no sheltering at all in the prairies.. must suck there for winter time.

Yeah, I've got a decent unit... I traded the supercharger setup off my car for an AVIC-Z2 plus cash... AVIC-Z2 on pioneer website retails for $2200 (I've seen used in person, its awesome)... used you can usually still get them for $800-1200 range... I also have a full carputer setup from my old car (7" lilly put, hp netbook, relay board, pre-amp and all the wires needed to get it going) but I find that carputer is too much hacking up of everything... not worth it... FYI if anyone wants to buy my old carputer setup, $600 and its yours, comes with a new netbook lol.

I'm still throwing around the idea of installing the Z2 or not because I'm happy with my truck the way it is, I just happen to have it laying around.

Wind chill is a ***** man. Last winter sometime before the holidays it dipped down to -54 C. Thats before the wind chill thank fully the wind was minimal and it only went to - 60 with the chill factored in. Just left the truck running all night to keep it from freezing up solid.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
weedahoe has a custom made bezel and a double din in his 04. bad ass ill say. that wil be the final piece to my system

OP
OP
R

Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
weedahoe has a custom made bezel and a double din in his 04. bad ass ill say. that wil be the final piece to my system

FYI, love the sig pic... that is something I'll consider doing is some 100W lights behind the grill, that looks awesome & useful.

Last edited:

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wind chill is a ***** man. Last winter sometime before the holidays it dipped down to -54 C. Thats before the wind chill thank fully the wind was minimal and it only went to - 60 with the chill factored in. Just left the truck running all night to keep it from freezing up solid.

holy crap thats cold, never gets ,much below -10 f here, damn!

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even when you have diarrhea it comes out hard as a rock!

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
When its that cold if you **** on a tree it will freeze to the tree before it trickles down. Anyways enough of human excretion freezing. Canada's cold as **** and there are some damn nice decks in here. I wish I could double din with less work but oh well.

OP
OP
R

Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When its that cold if you **** on a tree it will freeze to the tree before it trickles down. Anyways enough of human excretion freezing. Canada's cold as **** and there are some damn nice decks in here. I wish I could double din with less work but oh well.

its like Nor-cal here in the winter... mainland we get like 3-5 days of snow and the rest is like 10-15 degree celcius temps during the winter lol.

Seeing UnLiMiTeD's stock double din nav deck.... I think I've decided I will thru my avic into my truck... now i just need to order the carbon fibre navi trim.