Lock horn does not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
2006 ram 1500 laramie. I did my research online and in the manual on how to set the lock alarm / chirp when you locked the truck. I did it a couple dozen times and all the programmable features do not work on my truck. Does anyone have any idea on why it would not work following the steps exactly? Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I turned it off on mine, it took 2 or 3 tries but it worked. I can't remember exactly how I did it but I know they're really picky about it, if you do 1 thing wrong, too slow, or too fast it won't work. I'll see if I can find out how I did it.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if this is what you tried already, but I'm pretty sure this is how I did mine:

1. Perform this operation while standing outside the
vehicle.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
(i.e., functional) RKE transmitter.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least four
seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and
hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same
time.

The key is the timing of when you hit the panic button, and how long you hold them both. I think I held them both for about 2 seconds and then released them.

OP
OP
fastgti

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
I'm not sure if this is what you tried already, but I'm pretty sure this is how I did mine:

1. Perform this operation while standing outside the
vehicle.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed
(i.e., functional) RKE transmitter.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least four
seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and
hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same
time.

The key is the timing of when you hit the panic button, and how long you hold them both. I think I held them both for about 2 seconds and then released them.

o the manual said truck in the run but not started hold lock button 4-6 seconds than press unlock until i hear a chime. but i will try your method. it anoys the hell out of me if i do not hear the beep/arm sound. thank you justin13703

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
o the manual said truck in the run but not started hold lock button 4-6 seconds than press unlock until i hear a chime. but i will try your method. it anoys the hell out of me if i do not hear the beep/arm sound. thank you justin13703

Yeah give it a shot and see what happens. I know that I did mine with the remote from outside of the truck but I'm not sure if yours is done the same way since yours is an 06 and mine is an 08. You would think it would be the same but manufacturers like to make everything complicated lol

OP
OP
fastgti

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Yeah give it a shot and see what happens. I know that I did mine with the remote from outside of the truck but I'm not sure if yours is done the same way since yours is an 06 and mine is an 08. You would think it would be the same but manufacturers like to make everything complicated lol

Yep that did not work. It is really ******* me off because I need to hear the honk/horn. Oh well I will take it to the dealer one day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fastgti

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Got it fixed. Dealer wanted $110 to do it but my friend works at dodge and got it for me for free. Love my lock horn

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk