Looking for 4-wire connector to 4WD actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepy hollow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2007 RAM 1500 Laramie with 5.7L Hemi, 123,500 miles

When trying to switch into 4WD Auto (or any other mode) it would only give me the fast flashing indicator and would not go into the mode.

Researched and determined I probably had to replace the actuator and then get a re-flash from dealer. Took it to dealer who said they would diagnose and then re-flash after I replaced actuator if that was the problem. They told me it was the actuator and would replace it for $660.

I bought a Mopar replacement for $150 and was starting the replacement process. Removed the electrical connector. Then I noticed that the connector had a break in one of the four wires. Obviously I missed this in my original inspection.

Called other dealers and looked all over the web, but cannot find a replacement for this part. It is an approx. 24" long 4-wire harness with a female snap-on connector at the actuator end and a male connector at the other end. The p/n on the wire harness is 048011487AA B.

The dealer says this is indeed a wire harness but they show it as discontinued.

I can find other harnesses that follow this number pattern, but not this part.

There was barely enough wire protruding from the back of the connector that I was able to do a solder repair. Tested for continuity and reinstalled it. 4WD works fine. That fixed it.

I would not trust this to last all that long and would very much like to replace the part. Can't be more than $35.

Any ideas how to find this part, or make a new one? Can't even find the connector types in my search.

Thanks.

Irving_ink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, were you ever able to find this connector that you were looking for? I'm having the same issue where one of my 4 wires are severed right at the base and I cannot find the connector anywhere. Let me know if you have any information about it or how you were able to fix it. Thanks a lot!