looking to upgrade sound system and add backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andr3wxmma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got my 07 ram. i took it too car toys and the guy said he couldnt do much unless I came back with a dash kit and subbox (he recommended stealth box)

does anyone know of good kits? or boxes? would i save $ ordering all the parts and just bringing it somewhere for installation? I've never done any of this stuff myself.

Deiz29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if u want a backup cam u need to find a head unit first. U can get a single din with a flip out screen or a double din if u wanna do some fabrication or maybe find a bezel in the for sale section. I would goto crutch field and order from the head unit and speakers since they send u all the harness's needed for radio and speakers and they also will send u the dash kit for the radio if u decide to go single din. Not sure about the 07 I have an older one but my dash just popped out with one screw and some clips and could easily be fabricated but I stuck to a single din. Do some research on here and you'll find all the info u need. To hook up the rear view cam u just need to run a rca cable from the cam to the head unit and than power, turn on and ground. in my g8 I just tapped into the reverse bulbs.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my 07 ram. i took it too car toys and the guy said he couldnt do much unless I came back with a dash kit and subbox (he recommended stealth box)

does anyone know of good kits? or boxes? would i save $ ordering all the parts and just bringing it somewhere for installation? I've never done any of this stuff myself.

As premades go, stealth box is good. Another one I always liked was the foxbox. Probox was always a winner too. Don't buy an ebay wood box for under the rear seat. They're not made well and won't maximize the limited space under there. You need abs plastic or fiberglass. I also recommend bolting it down to the truck because if you put any reasonable power to it, and want the ability to get loud, they'll start to hum and vibrate unleas they're well anchored.

For dash kits, go to crutchfield.com and put in your truck. Pick any random head unit. Either single or double DIN. It will link you to the dash kit you need for either size. Then you can purchase it anywhere, though Crutchfield is as good a place as any.

Most shops do get discounts on gear, but most also won't pass any savings on to you. You'd save money by doing as much as you're comfortable with yourself.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're doing a backup camera then you will need a double din radio and unless your truck came with factory navigation, you will either need to get a new center dash trim piece from a truck that did have navigation, or modify yours to fit a double din. On an 07 the dash panel should just unclip out. There MAY be two screws above the fold down cupholders, but most trucks don't have these.

For a box, just get a Fox Acoustics box. They're very nice, relatively cheap and are made in single or double sub setups, 10 or 12 inches, sealed or ported. Some also have a built in amp mount. And they're finished with a bedliner-type coating so they look good and are very durable. I have a single 10" Type R in a ported fox box in my truck and that thing slams.

OP
OP
A

andr3wxmma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks everyone for the advice, ill start shopping around. if i run into any trouble ill let you know.