Modified Radio Bezel Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I've gotten my radio bezel cut to size and bondoed. I will be painting it tonight. Does anybody have any tips or tricks for removing the AC vents or am I going to be stuck just masking everything?

bezel_zpsrsqpg6xk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I may also be interested in this. My bezel is black and I'd like it to pop a little more, and when I replace my head unit would be a good time to do it.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Trying to remember because it has been a while, but A/C vents were easily removed. If I remember, I had to get a flat screwdriver and gently pry out while pushing up? You will just have to look, but there are tabs that help hold it in and you will need to kind of pull away from them to help come out. It sounds risky, but is very easy. Tabs on bottom half on vent on the sides I believe. Simple! You will see. Good luck!

OP
OP
adubree86

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Trying to remember because it has been a while, but A/C vents were easily removed. If I remember, I had to get a flat screwdriver and gently pry out while pushing up? You will just have to look, but there are tabs that help hold it in and you will need to kind of pull away from them to help come out. It sounds risky, but is very easy. Tabs on bottom half on vent on the sides I believe. Simple! You will see. Good luck!

It appears that mine are plastic welded. Not sure but will have to take a closer look.