Mopar/Kicker audio upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that's what I was just gonna say. I thought the kicker upgrade was designed for the infinity system. and it gave you better speakers and a bigger amp....and thats how it was plug and play........I could be wrong though.

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe plug and play was not the word I was looking for with the amps and sub. But I like the idea of them being specific to my truck with step by step install directions and pictures. Like I said.....this audio **** is not in my comfort zone, so trying to play it safe, so to speak.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
ahhhh, I gotcha man.

Well....... I think when they hit you with the price you are going to need some toilet paper. :(

Eaton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had both the 4 speaker system, and the Infinity system; both sounded ******** to me. I ditched both of them for an aftermarket Infinity system. I don't have experience with the Kicker upgrade, but I doubt it's better than the base aftermarket gear. My upgraded OEM infinity speakers had paper-coated cones, and foam surrounds; that doesn't scream quality...

Like Jeremy said, aftermarket is the way to go. Even if audio components are not your comfort zone, you can go to Crutchfield and learn a ton; they have tons of schematics, wire diagrams, and free technical help on your install.

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had both the 4 speaker system, and the Infinity system; both sounded ******** to me. I ditched both of them for an aftermarket Infinity system. I don't have experience with the Kicker upgrade, but I doubt it's better than the base aftermarket gear. My upgraded OEM infinity speakers had paper-coated cones, and foam surrounds; that doesn't scream quality...

Like Jeremy said, aftermarket is the way to go. Even if audio components are not your comfort zone, you can go to Crutchfield and learn a ton; they have tons of schematics, wire diagrams, and free technical help on your install.

good call.... i've been over at crutchfield for the last hour reading up on things. The JL Audio stuff looks nice.... I dunno what i'm gonna do....just so damn tired of the base speakers.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
good call.... i've been over at crutchfield for the last hour reading up on things. The JL Audio stuff looks nice.... I dunno what i'm gonna do....just so damn tired of the base speakers.

i don't blame you. Surprisingly though in my truck I had an aftermarket deck runinng the stock speakers and then a sub and I was fine with it. Just adding a sub and being able to cut the bass from going to the stock speakers made a huge difference.

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I deleted by accident before I even read it. Re-send it AF

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
you cant use the kicker upgrade with a aftermarket HU ... my buddy just tried this . we had to do some major wire work to get it to work .

go aftermarket .

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could always put my REC navi back in, then you could buy my Kenwood Dave....just kidding

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
well for that conversion you will have to , unless you like to wire up some getto ****

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
na....I like **** to be nice and clean....I'm pretty fussy that way. PS Dave, I sold my 05 Rincon on Tue, so now I have $5500 for new toys. Going to put a big chunk into my Ram...wheels/tires, lift and such. Going to be fun!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
you need help you got my number ...

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you guys think of JL Audio???? I read a ton of great reviews on their products. I'm leaning that direction. Dual 10" foxbox with 2 JL subs and amp. 4 door speakers and amp. I have a buddy whose brother works in Chi-town for a JL dealer. I talked to the guy and he can get me anything JL makes at his cost. I'm looking at spending a grand so I figure I ought to be able to get some pretty nice ****.