Mopar/Kicker audio upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
dan you can find a fox box pretty cheap . do it right ,,, buy new . if af would seperate i would buy from him but hes looking to sell in a package right now .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
^^^^ ya but you wont seperate ...so i said buy new .

OP
OP
Danimal77

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
af....why is sealed better than ported???? educate me man.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
ported requires more airspace. its also designed for a specific sound (depending on the size of the port). ported boxes (if tuned perfect) are generally louder. You wont find any sealed boxes in an SPL competition.

Sealed on the other hand requires MUCH less airspace, and provides a tighter, cleaner punch. You'll usually find sealed in an SQ competition.

Once you find the subs you want, check out the specs. They'll tell you if the sub is better in a ported or sealed box. The RF Punch line (P1, P2, and P3) are all on the sealed side of neutral for what suits them best.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I have had quite a few different boxes in my day...........sealed, ported, bandpass (yeah, bandpass....)

anyway - it always seems that when I have a sealed box, I want a ported. When I have ported..........I want sealed. LOL

Sealed is great - I miss it (can you tell I'm ported right now?!?!). My fox is ported to 34htz, so when the bass line is right around 34htz.......its awesome! BUT, start getting away from there - not as much thump. Sealed, you get your thump throughout the spectrum. But, no single 10" sealed from fox when I bought this one. Oh well.