mounting an amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i had my heart set on an alpine pdx-1.1000 for my subs but they are expensive and they guy that i was getting one from flaked on me last night. ill keep looking but until i get me one i bought this

Alpine MRP-M850 Mono subwoofer amplifier 800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

where are you guys mounting your amps? i have my 4 channel set in the center console and wanted to stack the pdx on top of it so this is a curve ball. im sure i could go and figure something out but i would like to see hear what you guys are doin. the amp is like 15x9x2.5, i got the amp and wire kit for 120, im going to pick it up tomorrow

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
sorry foxbox under rear seats

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
hmm i think aaron did that. what about speaker wire? i will be using 2 2ohm dvc 10 alpine type-r subs 500w rms each and an alpine mrpm850 amp that is 800w rms @ 2ohm. im wiring subs like this

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

what size wire should i use? i have a bunch of 8g laying around is that too big? should i but some 10 or 12? im going to replace my battery wires as well to at least 4g rockford fosgate maybe 1g but the rf wire is huge. i cant wait to get started

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
12g speaker wire, and just wire it up under the driverseat like i did, and then run your speaker wire to the subs...

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
you guys ever see a pig in ****? are they happy? if so thats how i feel right now

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
well i guess we are 2 pigs in a bunch of **** cause im super stoked too...

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i had it figured i was just getting the pre game jitters. its all done and pounds.....

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
ill need to get some wire loom and clean it up before ill post pics. also a little fine tuning is in order. i need to turn the gain on the 4 channel down the door speakers are blaring now. not distorted but loud loud. i feel complete