Mygig 730n RER in 07 SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I just bought a mygig 730n RER for my 07 SLT. Was super pumped about it. Not I'm getting worried. Searched around for ways to incorporate my amp and subs with it and found a bunch of road blocks. Turns out its possible but you have to use a line out converter and splic into wires after the factory amp in the Laramie. My concern is that I don't have a Laramie and don't have a factory amp. My 07 is just an SLT that came with a double din cds and Sirius set up, the one with the two huge volume knobs. A couple years back I installed an aftermarket kenwood head unit along with subs and amp. Figured the mygig would be an awesome upgrade. Now I'm stressing. Anyone have any helpful advise? Will the mygig work in my 07 SLT?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
It will, but a few items to address. The RER must be a low speed CANBUS, there are two versions, a low speed and high speed. best way is to put the radio part number in google and research, I know Caravans, '09 and up Rams, Wranglers and others use high speed. Avengers, Chargers, Challengers and others use low speed. You'll also need a Lockpick adapter, found here. To use the Uconnect feature, Nav, and Satellite, you'll need a microphone kit, GPS antenna, and sat antenna. All of those are pretty common on eBay. For your further reading enjoyment, the wkjeeps website has a ton of info on the mygig's,

OP
OP
drod327

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It will, but a few items to address. The RER must be a low speed CANBUS, there are two versions, a low speed and high speed. best way is to put the radio part number in google and research, I know Caravans, '09 and up Rams, Wranglers and others use high speed. Avengers, Chargers, Challengers and others use low speed. You'll also need a Lockpick adapter, found here. To use the Uconnect feature, Nav, and Satellite, you'll need a microphone kit, GPS antenna, and sat antenna. All of those are pretty common on eBay. For your further reading enjoyment, the wkjeeps website has a ton of info on the mygig's,

Any info on wiring an amp along with the mygig?

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Easiest way is with a line out converter spliced into the speaker wires. The very first sticky post on this forum by MADDOG has a ton of info on what you're trying to do, it should help quite a bit