Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbatu04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SLT 4.7
Hello,

I just bought my first truck ( ram 1500 2004) and im wondering if Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS will fit into it? Im about to order , if not what should i get? And what other wires do i need?

Thanks

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
According to Crutchfield it will not fit. Now that does not mean you cannot try. See if you can get eh full specs on the radio: length, width, and depth. Using those measurements you can then see if it will actually fit or not. You may have to do a bit of modifications to get it too fit. Major concerns may be how high it is, how wide it is and possibly how deep it will go into the dash. Be very sure on those measurements BEFORE you commit to a purchase.

OP
OP
C

Cbatu04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SLT 4.7
According to Crutchfield it will not fit. Now that does not mean you cannot try. See if you can get eh full specs on the radio: length, width, and depth. Using those measurements you can then see if it will actually fit or not. You may have to do a bit of modifications to get it too fit. Major concerns may be how high it is, how wide it is and possibly how deep it will go into the dash. Be very sure on those measurements BEFORE you commit to a purchase.

Product Dimensions 11 x 10 x 6 inches
Those are the measurements, will it fit? Or i need to dismount the radio and check myself?

Sorry for everything, really new at everything

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Product Dimensions 11 x 10 x 6 inches
Those are the measurements, will it fit? Or i need to dismount the radio and check myself?

Sorry for everything, really new at everything

If you are mechanically inclined then remove the stock radio and measure the opening that it leaves behind. Better to be safe than out a coupe hundred bucks with a new expensive paperweight.

OP
OP
C

Cbatu04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SLT 4.7
Thanks man,

I appreciate it

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I installed my DD I had to do some trimming. My install thread is in the audio section, might be of some help..

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man,

I appreciate it

No problem. Not every truck is the same in the radio department. Depending upon the trim level the space behind the radio may be taken up by: gps antenna, satellite receiver, or any other piece of equipment that dodge decided to hide back there. When I replaced my head unit I found that they had stuck the satellite radio receiver and an amp behind my radio but they were not hooked up nor on the build sheet. Go figure. Ended up removing all the extra crap to get my kentwood in there. :party33:

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I searched long and hard for a radio that would fit in my truck just so I could use my ipod. I ended up going with an Isimple iPod interface. It plugs into the cd changer plug and works like a charm. Not terribly expencive and easily installed. Made sense to me as my factory radio sounds good and I dont have a highend radio attracting dishonest people who risk getting shot at for messing with my stuff.