need help with install 06 mega cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello I am trying to replace the head unit in my 06 slt mega cab I am not used to can bus crap. The truck had just am/fm cd 4 speaker base unit only one gray plug on harness no controls on wheel. I have a clarion vx401 out of a 05 Durango limited that had the infinity system over head DVD I tried just plugging in the harness with can bus and steering wheel controls just as it was like I thought it did not function correctly. I replaced the factory speakers already and plan on running a self powered bazooka tube for a bit of base. Do I need the canbus to make it work since I don't have nav or steering wheel controls.

any help with factory plug and the wiring schematic for it?

Things are so different from cars 20 years ago
Thank you

OP
OP
T

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
figured it out just used the factory harness to power door speakers ran constant power from batt to deck and tubes switched power from lighter socket all the problems I was trying to chase down were a result of dead batt now I feel silly lol.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were you I would tap your radio to the accessory power in your truck so that you don't forget to turn it off and kill your battery. Or you can get the can bus harness for your truck and that'll make it work like stock and keep the RAP function. That harness is a little bit of money though.

concentratin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
for a wiring harness check on the top and bottom for a little paper of the deck,otherwise i can take a pic of mine and post it