Needing some suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, i have been riding around for a long time without a system in my truck. I must say i miss it, ALOT! I have a set of SVC kicker comp 12's in a quad cab box that i have never played. I'm either wanting to get rid of these if they don't sound that good and get a good set of 10's. I would also need an amp. What would be some good suggestions on subs and an amp to match that would fit under the drivers seat. I know bass is limited in the these trucks but i'd like to get as much as possible. Maybe the type of box would help. My local audio shop tried selling me a ported under the seat box for 200 bucks. They never installed one so i didnt get it. I'm kinda bad at this stuff and have no idea where to start.

I also really want to replace the factory door speakers but i honestly dont really want to spend to much at the same time and also have no idea what would sound good. Anything would help me out. Thanks

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
http://www.ramforum.com/f23/foxbox-$100-2261/#post47638

I HAVE ALPINE TYPE-R COMPONENTS UP FRONT AND TYPE-R COAXIALS IN THE REAR RUNNING OFFA PDX-4.100 AMP. IT IS A VERY SMALL AND POWERFUL AMP. 100W RMS STABLE AT 2OHMS OR 4OHMS. MEASURES 10X8X2, BAD ASS AMP. I HAVE AN EMPTY FOX BOX WAITING FOR 2 TEN INCH TYPE-R SUBS AND A PDX-1.1000 TO PUSH THEM. I HAVE A ALPIN HU AND ALL ROCKFORD FOSGATE 16G WIRE TO THE DOORS. I LOVE THE WAY IT SOUNDS

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go with JL audio....u can get a 10w6 sub and use it with little air space and rock the house....

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
total door speakers amp and wire kit im out like 450.00ish not bad inmy book. i got the amp for a steal of like 115.00 shipped. components were 129.00 shipped coaxils 89.00 shipped, wirekit was like 80.00 shipped. another 400 for subs and amp and im done, and 400 for a new double din hu and im done

SafetyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
4.7L
Earthquake SWS its Shallow Woofer System is designed to mount with limited area and airspace such as door and under seats. The excusion on the subs arent extremyl high either but have a decent to good sound quality. Im a phoenix gold guy when it comes to amps but thats just me

check out EarthQuake

Also Image Dynamics makes or used to make a "flat piston" sub that hits like a son of *****. the sub is completly flat with a very tight excusion. I put 2 of those in a comaro once in the back and man it was loud not sure if Image still makes those though