New alternator help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smelldatmuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everybody long time reader here, so my alternator went out on my Ram the other day so I popped the old one off and plan to replace it next week. I am wondering whats a good choice for a new one, I don't run extra lighting or audio its just a stock truck. As far as price I don't wanna have to pay a arm & leg just need a good alternator for stock use. So many out there hard to tell which is reliable. BTW 2004 1500 5.7 Hemi 4WD thanx in advance

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No remans, Bosch or Delco are both great. I've never had much luck with denso, but others swear by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smelldatmuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No remans, Bosch or Delco are both great. I've never had much luck with denso, but others swear by them.

Hey man thanx, you read my mind on the remans. I'll give a look at those brands, another quick question is what amperage I'm pretty sure mines 136 would 140 on a non factory part be ok and pull good continuously?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As long as it's not smaller or ridiculously larger.

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With my experience in the shop as a dealer. You can't beat mopar parts. I can't tell you how many times I've replaced a Vato zone or ****** alternator with a mopar after a few of the other Brands.

OP
OP
S

smelldatmuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Isn't there a 160 option for our trucks? Don't mean to hijack the thread

I am wonderin this to. I found a 160 on mopar site jw if its runnable w.o messing somethinks up

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am wonderin this to. I found a 160 on mopar site jw if its runnable w.o messing somethinks up

I ran one on my Dakota had to lie and say it was for a Durango but never had a problem with it I took out 2 137 amp alts because of my stereo system that I had in it

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
160 is available in our trucks and would be fine. It's not a huge jump from the 140. I meant not GINORMOUS.

OP
OP
S

smelldatmuffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
160 is available in our trucks and would be fine. It's not a huge jump from the 140. I meant not GINORMOUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Gonna go with the 160 thanx for all the help everyone especially sbarron much appreciated

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Gonna go with the 160 thanx for all the help everyone especially sbarron much appreciated

160 was just enough in the Dakota I had and plan on doing it to my ram eventually